Pearl of Fermentation.
- 1 Cabbage
- 2 Carrots
- Sea Salt
- Caraway Seed
- Jalapeno/Serrano Peppers (optional)
- Lingonberries (optional)
- Cut the Cabbage head into four segments, and then shred them.
- Using grater, do the same with two peeled carrots.
- Transfer everything into a large ceramic bowl.
- Add Sea Salt, Caraway Seeds, and the rest of optional ingredients.
- Massage everything with your hands till juices start flowing.
- Cover your ceramic bowl with a cheese cloth or paper towel.
- Keep lightly massaging and mixing it every day for a few days.
- After several days (depending on room temperature) you will start smelling the kraut’s aroma – it’s an indication that a rapid fermentation is finished.
- Transfer finished products into glass jar and keep them refrigerated – they will be fresh for at least several weeks.